Referee training opportunities
Small sided referee training is happening!! Don't miss out. Contact Gary Russell ( for more info.


NSYSA has changed the paperwork requirements for Small Sided Referees It looks like Letters of Recommendation and School Work Permits are no longer required for upload. Click the following link to register as a Small Sided Referee (SSR): NSYSA Soccer

1. Click on blue Information tab on the left side of the page.

2. Under Information, click on FAQ.

3. Under FAQ, click on Paperwork.

4. All Small Sided Referees must complete and file an IRS Form W-9 with NSYSA to self assign themselves to games. Send your W-9 to the NSYSA Website (PDF, JPG, or TIF file (PDF preferred)). Scan the W-9 to your PC and then upload it NSYSA on the website via Member/Paperwork/Upload->.

5. Referee Risk Management Application (RMA) - All SSRs must have a valid, up to date Risk Management Clearance through WYS. The RMA must be renewed annually. There are two types of RMAs: Adiults and Minors. Follow the instructions provided by WYS here-> MINORS be sure to use the "Minor RMA Instructions" for your RMA. You can see your currect RMA status that NSYSA has on file for you by logging into NSYSA and then clicking Member: and then Risk Management->

If you encounter difficulty please contact the VP of Competition ( for assistance.

The following documents will help you in registering and are the current small sided rules

NSYSA Operating Procedures Small Side (APPROVED v072617).pdf

Self-.Assignig for Small Sided Games.pdf