District 4 U10 and Below Addendum can be found here: http://www.d4soccer.org/display?action=display&key=252
It has been suggested that each U10 and Below coach should print and keep a copy of the Operating Procedures Addendum - U10 and below. The request was brought forward to mitigate the situation for parents that may need to step in the absence of an assigned referee. It is also important that each coach understand the rules.
The specific rules that are in conflict with Full Sided play are:
1. No Slide Tackle is allowed for U10 & Below. - The exception would be the goal keeper , inside the penalty area. The goal keeper must execute the slide tackle with safety in mind.
2. No Penalty Kicks are allowed for U10 & Below. - The ball will be brought to the top of the penalty area directly back from the spot of the foul and the restart will be the same as required for the foul committed.
3. U8 and below will only be allowed indirect kicks. (No
4. The offside rule will not apply to any teams U9 and below.
Note - If a team (U09 & Below) is consistently positioning a player at the opponent's goal, then the referee may stop play and instruct the player and the coach to stop. If this play continues then the referee may award an indirect kick to the offended team.
5. For all free kicks, the required distance for a defending player will equal that of the age appropriate center circle radius.
------ Point of emphasis: -------
LAW III PLAYER RESTRICTIONS , SectionC. Playing Time: (Coaches Responsibility)
a. Each player will receive meaningful playing time with a goal of 50%. Substitutions will be
allowed in order to give an opportunity for all players to get equal playing time and to balance
rather than to run up the score.
Also the below instruction will assist you if you have not yet completed your initial logon to the D-IV web site if necessary.
How to Log On to the District IV Website
Instructions for Registering on the site can be found here http://www.d4soccer.org/display?action=display&key=748&topic=News
- To develop our coaches knowledge and understanding of the game
- To implement modern and relevant age appropriate training curriculums and initiatives to promote long term player development in our club
- To cultivate a culture of coaches whose foundation is built on best practices
- To inspire coaches of all ages to continue their personal and professional development as educators of the game
- To solidify a coaching education pathway where coaches can matriculate through our system
- To monitor and evaluate our programs to ensure that we our providing the best service and support possible to our membership
National E License
National D License
National Youth License
The National Youth License is designed to provide club directors of coaching, youth coaches, physical education teachers and soccer
administrators with the knowledge to successfully structure soccer environments for children aged 4-12. The lessons from developmental psychology are explored; and the art of teaching is explored.
Candidates are videotaped for analysis during live training sessions. (National D License is prerequisite).
NSCAA Level 5 Diploma
Marysville June 1 - 2, 2013 (This is a USSF National E License equivilant)
NSCAA National Diploma
Bainbridge Island July 12 - 21, 2013 (This is a USSF National C License equivilant)
U6, U8, U10, and U12 Coaching Certificates avaliable through an online course with Washington Youth Soccer. These online coaching modules are for new coaches & parents and are dedicated to promoting coaching education to the volunteer parent coach who wishes to continue to educate themselves in the fundamentals of soccer development
Fundamentals of Coaching Soccer is offered online by NSCAA. This introductory course is perfect for high school and youth coaches who want to establish a solid foundation for their coaching knowledge. The interactive course features an engaging interface that incorporates audio, video and text to teach essential soccer coaching techniques and methods.
U7-U8 Practice Plan - For those coaches looking for new drills for their teams, here is a ten week program to help you provide fun age appropriate drills with coaching tips for you.
U5 - U6 Practice Plan - For those new and returning coaches looking for new fun and exciting drills for their teams. Here is a ten week program to help you provide fun age appropriate drills with coaching tips.
United States Soccer Federation (USSF) offers a downloadable coaching curriculum. The curriculum is designed to improve development of players in the organized player base in the United States, concentrating on creating more organized, age-appropriate training sessions, developing coaching practices and creating an environment that is fun for the players
Watch coaching videos from the European coaches and their style of play to bring something new to your practice.